Monday, November 7, 2011

Update

Eric here, updating all the inquiring minds about the goings on down here in Portland, OR. Let me hit on some topics one by one:

  • First, last week I had the pleasure of going up to Seattle for a night and attending the Seahawks game. Saw pretty much all the guys and had a blast. The one ugly mark on the weekend was when I went face first into a concrete wall while playing football during tailgating. Fortunately I didn't chip my tooth but I did get a black eye, some cuts, and a headache that lasted a few days. Worth it though, given the fun I had with the fellas. Also, the Hawks got smoked 34-12 or something like that.
  • Carla continues to pound thru her schooling, she recently finished her second (of six) 6-week session and is still right on course for finishing August 2012. Also, she is starting to get more hours in the actual kitchen baking at her job instead of working the counter at the dessert shop. This is what she prefers so good news.
  • For Thanksgiving, we were planning on staying down here but now it appears (with Carla's Uncle having to work) we are Auburn bound for Turkey Day. I really like the Filipino Thanksgiving meal as you get both the Turkey, Potatoes, and what not combined with about 8-10 other dishes (and of course lumpia). I love all the different meats I get to eat and the amazing sleep I get afterwards!
  • I went to the driving range a couple times last weekend while Carla was working. As most of you know, this summer I had about a month long scare where I couldn't hit the ball straight. However, after my rounds this fall, and my recent driving range trips, I am happy to report that my ball striking has returned to a satisfactory condition and I plan on practicing a lot this winter and coming in to 2012 strong. My teammate Twan and I owe the Petes (Graves and Cacallori) more than a couple beat downs on the G course as we regress back to the mean. During my last round I was eyeing 30 footers like I was going to make them!
 That is all I have for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment