Wednesday, February 29, 2012

International Patisserie, Cake Formula & Assembly part 2

Here are a few more pictures from my last couple weeks of this class.

 Bavarian Cream Cake (Chocolate Torte with Bavarian Cream, Tuile stenciling and Joconde Cake and Raspberry-White Peach Gelee, Chantilly Cream and Raspberries and Chocolate Filigree)
I probably shouldn't have used 2 completely different colors. Oh well. Lesson learned. :)  The bright green looks like mold.



I ended up giving half of the cake away to 2 neighbors. Jerry, one of our neighbors traded me some Lemon Pound Cake that he had made earlier that day.  He also gave me some loose leaf tea his daughter had given him that he didn't quite care for.  It was a nice trade. :)


Tiramisu with Chocolate Marbling and more Filigree








Opera Cake 
(lots of layers of chocolate, ladyfingers, espresso, Italian buttercream, and ganache)
 


Chocolate Mousse Cake.  This was our final project for class.  We worked on the cake, mousse, chocolate work and glazing.

(yes, that is my instructor in the background, squinting to read something on the board.) 

I really liked this cake.  It was so shiny! (You can even see my camera's reflection in it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment