Thursday, August 18, 2011

Raffle and such

So today there was an all building BBQ. The fliers posted around said their would be "Free Prizes and Rent Certificates". Here is a list of some of the prizes that were raffled off:

- Free 1 visitor parking for a night in the garage.
- 10 Free faxes from the lobby.
- Free cup of coffee and a cookie at a nearby cafe.
- A jar of jam.

As for the Rent Certificates, I took this to mean they might raffle off 1 or 2 people to receive free rent for a month, which would be awesome. That was not the case. Rather they had $25 off rent coupons. Now this is still money, but when we moved in and the fliers I saw, all things led me to believe good prizes. I was sadly disappointed. Oh well, the food was good and it's not like I lost anything (except for some of my precious time).

Other things of note:

1) Fantasy Football is fast approaching and I have been doing a lot of thinking about players to target, possible trades to make, and it is getting me very excited for football season. First draft is a week from Saturday and the second is two weeks from Tuesday.

2) I had a very interesting round of golf the other day: 2 double bogeys, 6 bogeys, 3 pars, and 7 birdies. Total a 75. Good score, but when you have 7 birdies you really should have put up a note worthy score.

3) This coming weekend I will be partaking in a couple note worthy golf events. First, the 1st Annual Franco Family Golf Tournament @ Jade Greens. Carla has been planning this for a while and it should be a very fun event. Second, it has been about 2-3 years since Twan and I took on Pete Cac and Peter Graves, but Sunday we will be reuniting for an epic clash @ Riverbend.

1 comment:

  1. Have fun & good luck at your Franco Family Golf Tournament!! Looking forward to seeing you on Sunday Carla!

    ReplyDelete