Monday, September 19, 2011

A little behind

Yeah, it's been a while since we've/I've blogged.  We've actually been up to a lot since San Diego.

Two weekends ago Sasha came down.  That Friday afternoon my school had a Student Appreciation Event and there was a wing eating contest!  I decided to join.  It wasn't heat/spicy based, it was amount!  I didn't win...but I did have a good time and got some delicious (FREE) wings out of it.  A few of my classmates got pictures of me inhaling my hot wings...I will post when I get copies from them. :)

It was fun having Sasha here.  We went to OMSI, the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry, checked out the cool exhibits, brain teasers and even saw an OMNIMAX movie called Born to Be Wild.  I think Sasha and Eric's favorite "exhibit" was the OMSI gift shop.  Next time you see one of them ask them about the cool plastic tubes...if you can't wait to ask them, click here to see what I'm talking about.  (This isn't too far off from what was going on in the gift shop.)

Here is a picture of us from the Chem-Lab at OMSI
















Widmer Brewery for dinner.    









Voodoo Donuts for dessert.
                                                                                                         Splash Park for FUN!

Then Sasha went back home...and we had our pretty regular work/school week...


a highlight of the week was getting to see my old college roommate, Dan (aka Professor Strickland)!  We grabbed lunch from the food carts and ate outside in the square.  After lunch we got coffee at Public Domain, before I had to go to class.





Dan and his fancy Pour Over coffee








then came another weekend!  Eric and I celebrated our 3rd Anniversary!  (Our actual anniversary is tomorrow, the 20th, but we thought we'd celebrate it on the weekend so we could make a day of it.)  Eric and I do a cool thing for our anniversaries, one of us plans the "activity" and the other plans "food/meals".  This year, Eric was in charge of "activity" and took me to Multanomah Falls.  Here is a picture of us at the bottom of the falls.  It is really pretty! 


I was in charge of food so we celebrated over our favorite food!  Hot wings!! I took him to a new wing place (new to us, anyway) called Fire on the Mountain.  We liked it a lot! :)
 
  Cool thing about Fire on the Mountain

I guess that's what we've been up to!

This is also my last week of Food Safety and Sanitation class and my Culinary Foundations class.  My next class will be Intro to Baking!  I'm so excited to actually start baking stuff!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Carla. This is Kevin Carlberg, and I was one of Dan's close friends. You posted some amazing photos of Dan on his Facebook wall. Would you mind sending me high-quality versions of those photos (kevintcarlberg@gmail.com)?

    ReplyDelete