Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Back to Blogging!

Things have been a little crazy lately...

As most of you know, just after a few weeks from when I hung out with him here in Portland, my dear friend Dan Strickland passed away.  He was an amazing friend and a wonderful person.  He was brilliant, kind, goofy, a true example of what a Christian is supposed to be.  I love you and will miss you, Dan!  




The weekend I found out about Dan, we had some friends planning on coming down to visit.  It was perfect timing, as I felt that having friends around would help me out A LOT.  And it did.

Our friends Jen, Justin, Tiffany and Aaron came down to visit us for the weekend.  It was super fun having them here.  One of my favorite things that we did was go on the Portland Walking Tour.  It was really interesting!  I would totally go again.  (I wanted to post my pictures from the tour, but I don't want to spoil it for those who want to go on the tour when they are down here. Again, I would TOTALLY go on it again)  We also went out and had a good time at the local watering holes.



If you come down and visit us, we'll show you what Aaron is doing
Fishbowl!


The girls were working hard in the kitchen
the guys took naps.

School has been really fun lately.  We've been doing a lot of baking!  Which makes sense because it is my Introduction to Patisserie and Baking class.  Since class has started we have made,
  • Chocolate Chip Cookies
  • Brownies
  • Strassburger Cookies
  • Biscotti
  • 3 different kinds of Meringues (we even played with a blowtorch)
  • Ganache
  • Biscuits
  • Scones
  • different Pie Doughs
  • which became 2 Pies (blueberry and apple)



Yeah, I'm the nerd who brings her camera to class.


This past weekend, Sasha and I went to Canada to celebrate Nolan's (my godson) 1st birthday!  It was really fun to visit the family.  Kiddie birthday parties are fun!



This is Nolan with his new basketball hoop!

I think that's all I got for now... :)  Eric might update you on what's been going on with him in a couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment