Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Mr. Hopper, Puerto Rico and Baking!

Eric mentioned it in his last blog...but yeah, I got a job!  I work at a bakery called Finales Desserts Northwest.  I usually work at the cafe and serve delicious desserts, but I have gotten the opportunity to work in the kitchen!  It has been a great experience so far!

My other roommate Mark came to visit his family here in Portland and was nice enough to make time to see me!  He even came to check out where I worked.  We also visited a church (upon his recommendation), had brunch and played Puerto Rico.  It was good to see him!

This is Mark with Mr. Hopper and Baby Hopper.  It looks like he's wringing their necks.









I've also been learning some cool stuff in school.  Here's what we've been doing.

Banana Bread
Muffins

Coffee Cake

Yellow Butter Cupcakes with Caramel Chocolate Ganache
Lemon Tartlets
Fruit Tart

(before)Caramel Cheesecake with Chocolate Cookie Crust
 (after) (The bites taken out are from my teacher's eval)

Failed Genoise (gen-waz)

Successful Genoise

My first two genoises collapsed...kind of put a damper on my day at school.  I tried again yesterday and it worked out.  Apparently I was being too gentle!







3 comments:

  1. When I come visit, can we please make some tarts together??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to eat your homework!!!! And how was Puerto Rico?????

    ~Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz, YES! We can make tarts when you visit...and make even more stuff if you decide to go to PSU!

    Ris, Puerto Rico was fun. Maybe we'll bring it up for Christmas. :) And, hopefully I'll have some homework when you guys come to WA!

    Carla

    ReplyDelete