Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Huge

So this week marked a significant event. As many of you already know, I have long been a huge fan and supporter of my favorite golfer Davis Love III. Many have asked why so let me give a few quick bullet points as to why:

1) Sexiest swing on tour. If you are ever having tempo issues, hop on youtube and check out some of highlights and you will see significant improvements.
2) Well respected amongst his peers. Pretty much the class act on tour (this was reiterated with his 2012 Ryder Cup Captain selection)
3) Sponsors. Just solid sponsors. Polo Ralph Lauren and Acura.
4) There are more but I need to move on for the main reason of this entry.


So for those of that don't know, I am on twitter (@afrobubs) and this week decided to go see whom Davis Love follows. Upon getting to his page I see he had 45,000+ followers but only followed 66 people of his own. As I started scrolling down I saw the regular tour players (Tiger, Mahan, Bubba, etc...) some events he supports (Ryder Cup 2012, McGladrey Classic, Tour Player, etc...) and then I saw what I never thought would happen; he also follows @AFROBUBS! I had to do a triple take! I have referenced him in many of my tweets and I always knew he was reading them but this assured it to me. I still hold to the belief that someday I will get the opportunity to tee it up with him.

For those that aren't familiar with twitter, just sign up and you will understand. A lot like the facebook feed.

That is all I really got for now. Other things of note:

1) Carla got a job (I will let her expand on this one). I am very happy for her.
2) I have played golf the last 2 Saturdays and feel like my swing is coming back around. Not totally evident in my scores but that will come. 77 + 79 respectively.
3) Work is going well.
4) Seahawks and Huskies are very entertaining to watch these days which is a nice change of pace from about 3-5 years ago for each.

1 comment:

  1. Get me in the foresome with DLIII. -Goose

    ReplyDelete